Chronicle.lu, as Media Partner, in association with Kinepolis Luxembourg, is offering 5 pairs of FREE tickets to the Ciné Breakfast that is taking place on Sunday 28 January 2018 at Ciné Utopia in Luxembourg-Limpertsberg. Please see below on how to enter.
The Ciné Breakfast offer comprises five films that are being screened simultaneously at 11:00, with the cinema open from 10:30 for breakfast. The five films include:
- Wonder Wheel (in English), directed by Woody Allen and starring Jim Belushi, Juno Temple, Justin Timberlake; synopsis: In the hustle and bustle of 1950s Coney Island, where the buzzing crowd comes and goes trudging slowly over the wooden boardwalks, silent stories of the everyday toilers who give life to the attraction unfold. Somewhere in a clam bar, there's the sad waitress Ginny, a one-time actress and now a suffering wife who's been given a second chance by the side of the well-intentioned but uncouth carousel operator, Humpty. On the other hand, there's Humpty's 26-year-old estranged daughter, Carolina, who left the familial nest and a preordained future seeking adventure as a mobster's wife; only to return home with her wings broken, begging for forgiveness. And from the lifeguard's high tower, where all is in plain sight, the young and charming lifesaver and hopeful playwright, Mickey, is the inadvertent but potent catalyst that binds everything together. Shattered dreams, reckless love and betrayal, all under the bright lights of Coney Island.
- The Post (in English), directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, Sarah Paulson; synopsis: A cover-up that spanned four U.S. Presidents pushed the country's first female newspaper publisher and a hard-driving editor to join an unprecedented battle between journalist and government.
- The Shape of Water (in English), directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon; synopsis At a top secret research facility in the 1960s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity.
- Sam le Pompier / Fireman Sam: Alien Alert! The Movie (in French), directed by Gary Andrews and starring David Tennant, David Carling, Su Douglas, John Hasler; synopsis: Buck Douglas, the famous "Alien Quest" TV show host visits Pontypandy and everyone in town searches for aliens.
- Normandie Nue (in French), directed by Philippe Le Guay and starring François Cluzet, François-Xavier Demaison, Julie-Anne Roth; synopsis: A French mayor has to convince his villagers to pose naked for an American photographer.
Tickets cost €10.80 (reduced price €9.30; U12s €6.30), from www.KinepolisLuxembourg.com or at the cinema
To apply for your FREE tickets to the Ciné Breakfast on Sunday 28 January 2018, please enter below (requires registration & log-in) and state your preferred film to attend and your mobile telephone number. The draw will be made at 17:00 on Tuesday 23 January. Winners will be contacted directly. Winning tickets will be available at the venue on the day.